WELCOMING OF TRANS PEOPLE IN OUR TOURNEMENT
In 2017, the FSGL inclusion cluster and the TIP have chosen to combine their efforts to encourage the participation of transgender people in the competitions of their choice. A particular communication was carried to the place of trans associations to promote their welcome, a trans welcome kit intended for lesbians, gays, bis and straight will be slip- ped into the sports bags and will try to answer essential questions that could be asked: what is a trans person, what is his or her background, what name to call him, what are his singularities and his expectations?
The key is to ensure that each one can be recognized in all its difference, and therefore, in all its richness. A poster campaign intended to mobilize on the situation of these people in the sporting world will be broadcast on all sites and if possible on all LGBT and sports venues (municipal halls, sports clubs, private rooms), and finally Signage has been designed so that each and every one knows that he will be led to meet trans people during the competiton.
THE CHARTER TRANS AND SPORT
The inclusion of trans and / or intersex people in sports structures (associations, clubs and federations) is a spor- ting, moral, social and political necessity. These people, who are still too often victims of multiple discrimination, verbal and physical, ignored or mocked, have as everyone, the need, the desire and the right to practice a sport or a wellness activity.
This need is critical, regularly claimed by the UNESCO Charter that guarantees particularly since 1978 that «the practice of physical education and sport is a fundamental right for all.» This inclusion is a matter of human right and sports associations have a duty to carefully ensure that this sporting practice takes place in the best conditions
The sports clubs participating in the TIP must guarantee a dignified and respectful reception to trans and intersex people, take into consideration their specific needs, their histories and their way of life.
The welcome charter com-mits signatories structures to manage this inclusion at best.
Read it now »
- Gilles Clavreul, Délégué interministériel à la lutte contre le racisme et l’antisémitisme (Délégation Interministérielle à la Lutte Contre le Racisme et l’Antisémitisme – DILCRA)
- Yohann Roszewitch, Conseiller en charge de la lutte contre les LGBTphobies (DILCRA)
- Jacques Regnier et Claude Cramete de la Fédération Française de Cyclisme
- Michel Fuchs de la Fédération Sportive et Gymnique du Travail (FSGT)
- Marjorie Devais de l’Union Française des Œuvres Laïques d’Education Physique (UfOLEP)
- Christophe Martet (YAGG)
- TIP : firstname.lastname@example.org
- FSGL (Jérôme) : email@example.com
- Outrans : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acceptess-T : acceptess-t(@hotmail.fr